Sep 7, 2011

A New Crock Pot Sensation wowzas!

This is so yummy I could just kiss myself.
It is based off of a recipe called, 'Tijuana Trainwreck'.
I just fiddled with the ingredients a bit and this is what happened.

You need some flour tortillas, at least 6.  You  need some shredded cheese.  Chopped onions.  Also 1 can of black beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes (or the equivalent freshies), 1 can of corn, and 1 1/2 lbs of ground chuck and/or sausage.  I used 1lb of burger with some Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage I had in the freezer.  Last but not least, you will need one can of enchilada sauce.

Brown that meat with onions *I am assuming you assumed you must mush and mash the burger and sausage together until it becomes one*!  And add salt and pepper to taste.  My secret ingredient was one packet of Sazon Goya, the orange package.  Drain and set aside.  Grease or oil the crock pot and place one tortilla on the bottom.  Put a layer of your browned meat on top of that and pour some of the enchilada sauce over it.  I think I ended up with two meat layers so you can pour about half of the sauce on this layer.  Then sprinkle some cheese and add another tortilla layer.  Next, add the veggies that you have mixed together in a bowl.  It looks so pretty and you're doing great!  Sprinkle with cheese.  Continue to layer with tortillas and meat (don't forget yer sauce) and cheese and veggies.  I ended with a tortilla sprinkled with cheese and cilantro.  Put the lid on and cook on High for two hours or Low for a bit longer.  I forgot I had sour cream and I bet that would just be suburb as a topper.  Prepare to get fat.

Love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment