Sep 3, 2011

It's almost autumn!

Every time I fall down, I get up and realize that I'm standing more firmly and taller!  After so m any years of standing up only to bump my head on a ceiling...well this new feeling is just plain AH-MAY-ZEEENG.

Some things I've been doing with my new found stance include painting (slowly but surely), hanging with my homies, volunteering for church activites, and cooking new recipes.  Kinda sounds like small potatoes to me but the better half of my self knows these to be very important steps.  These are the steps I take that keep the ball of inspiration rolling!

Here's a recipe I tried out tonight with much success.  I dedicate it to the lovely people, Amanda Lyn and Charles Franklin (I think) that I met at WalMart.  They are an artist and executive chef, respectively.  I hope our paths can cross again in the future.

Italian Turkey Burgers/sliders:

I started with about 1lb of ground turkey, the lean Jennie-O brand.  I dumped it in a mixing bowl and added grated Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and thyme, with a dash of salt and pepper.  I also added finely chopped onions to the mix, hoping my anti-onion husband wouldn't see them and just try the dang thing.  I mushed it together but refrained from squishing too long.  My hands were freezing from the cold meat and my finger bones started to ache.  I had preheated the oven to 350 degrees.  I greased a baking sheet and patted out six burgers (you will have more if you want sliders, duh).  I baked mine for 20 mins.  Depending on the thickness of your patties you may want to take them out and flip them when they are almost done.  There will probably be juices flowing around so be careful when you take the sheet out.  While they are baking, you get to make the sauce that truly makes these things super yummy!  The recipe I scammed called for slightly different ingredients which I, of course, did not have so there was some improvisation on my part.  I used 3/4 cup Real Mayo, 1/3 cup regular yellow mustard, and 1/3 cup Honey Mustard dressing.  I added a dash of pepper and nutmeg.  Slather it on some toasted buns, slive some tomato and you're ready to eat!  I would have taken a picture but we ate them too fast.  Here's a generic pic I Googled:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the turkey burgers sound pretty intense and the picture looks amazing. I'm sure yours looked just as good. :) I can't wait to see some more of your paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!?? How did you know I've been on a painting frenzy lately !!?? Can't wait to show you :)

    ReplyDelete