Jan 10, 2011

Wham! Pow! and a throwback to Bladow!

So the missionaries were at the hizzy telling me that Heavenly Father is ready to pour blessings out of His windows for me.  Blessings with my name written all over them.  So many blessings that if those blessings were actually particles of Jell-O mix, I would drown in them.  Fifty billion times over.  Squared.  That's a lot of Jell-O mix!  If I added water to those blessings or what I consider to be the equivalent of good works, then I would drown three thousand universes in Jell-O.  The green kind because that's my fave.  Alls I gotta do is my part.  The missionaries didn't use those exact words but that is my recollection of the gist of things.  And ever since that day I have tried to count those Jell-O particles and take notice so that I may include as many as possible in my prayers to Heavenly Father.
     ALAS!  I am not a calculator.  In fact, my calculational skills have become even slower since I banged my head the other day.  Not that I am complaining but I really must stress the fact that while Jell-O is yummy (sometimes; I have to be in the mood), it can make it a little hard to breathe when up to your eyeballs in it!  That is what has happened to me, People...!  The Lord is blessing me so frequently and abundantly that I have become comedic relief for the legions of angels watching over this little household.  I have developed a Prayer Lisp.  But I am determined!?  to keep trying to keep up with these Thank You Notes.  I have been short of breath, teary-eyed, and almost downright flabbergasted today because the blessings are coming so fast and furiously.  I was worried about the car being ruled as a "total".  I was worried the other guy involved in the accident had a policy that did not include a rental.  I was worried that we would have to pay out-of-pocket for some reason or another.  I was worried, worried, worried of ridiculous unimportant details about things that should not even be on my priority list.  And then I remembered that's the perfect time to go to Heavenly Father...so I did.  And within 2hrs, TWO HOURS, all my problems, even the ill-perceived ones, were solved.  And then some.  And then some more.  And then the baby freaked out because we were an hour late for his feeding but now he's napping peacefully and I can eat something myself.  So there, stupid car accident.  Stupid human brain forgetting that I had someone watching my back.  Silly mama...
My rental may not be a Caddy, but it's safe and I'm not paying for it.  I may have gotten smacked by a Chevy s10 but I'm fine and the other driver was the most considerate fella and no one was hurtdespite speeds of  50mph.  The tow guy may have sounded like a super rude redneck but the owner of the company was nice enough to drive all the way back to our place to drop off items left in the car and provide some reassuring statements about the unibody.  I may only get 45mins of sleep at a time tonight but while I'm awake I get to stare at the most amazing little person.  And every day I get to wake up to his smiles and the gorgeous smile of my soon-to-be husband (yeah, that's right, impromptu wedding shindig on Saturday!).  And just when I didn't think it could get any better?  There are good people climbing out of the woodwork to get to know us and be our friends.  We have good company now and some of them may even be our neighbors soon!  And there may be a shortage of family members nearby willing to babysit but there's a wonderful woman from our ward that is overjoyed to babysit Isaiah while we go to the Register of Deeds on Friday.  And trust me, there are more.  But I'm afraid I would be sitting here typing my wonderful life away so instead I'm going to go eat some leftover spaghetti!  Just in case you were wondering where you blessings have been lately, I hope this post reminds you that they could be milliseconds away.  And it will be a sunshiny flood upon your head.  Get out your Thank You Notes!

1 comment:

  1. PS - I'm getting married on Saturday, January 15 2011 :o)

    ReplyDelete